QuantMethods' servers may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or distribution of any information, data, or material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material; trademarks; trade secrets or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization; material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples include but are not limited to the following: unauthorized access, use, probing, or scanning of systems security or authentication measures, data, or traffic; interference with service to any user, host, or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system, broadcast attacks; forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a QuantMethods server or user are strictly prohibited.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) sets forth the requirements for valid copyright infringement notification. If you would like to notify QuantMethods of an infringement of your copyright, the DMCA requires that you:
- Send your notification to QuantMethods' designated agent. You may send an e-mail to the Quantmethods “abuse” mailing list
- Include in your notification the following information
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf (the “Claimant”)
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed
- Identification of the material claimed to infringe the copyright(s), and enough information for QuantMethods to locate it
- The Claimant's name, address, and telephone number(s)
- A statement that the Claimant has a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner or his agent
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification of copyright infringement is accurate and that the Claimant is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Actions Taken by QuantMethods
QuantMethods' users agree to indemnify and hold harmless QuantMethods from any claims resulting from the use of our services that damages them or any other party. The QuantMethods service is provided on an as is, as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. QuantMethods expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the QuantMethods service will be error-free, secure or uninterrupted. No oral advice or written information given by QuantMethods, its employees, licensors or the like, will create a warranty; nor may you rely on any such information or advice. QuantMethods and its partners and suppliers will not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transaction or use of the service.